Ian Schneider on Unsplash
This piece of consultancy involves reviewing three identified strands of the British Council’s creative economy policy work, from our work in cities, across regions and exploring the relationship between targeted policy work and practical project work.
It aims to a) identify the policy levers, activities and methodologies that have underpinned work to date b) analyse how they have supported cultural and economic development in host countries/cities/regions) c) propose how the work can be further developed to form a model for the British Council’s global creative economy policy offer d) identify opportunity areas for the development of the portfolio area.
It involves looking at examples of work from a broad spectrum of cities, regions and countries from around the world, reviewing existing reports and data, speaking to our expert staff on the ground and consulting with some of our key stakeholders.
We are looking for applications from suppliers with:
- Experience in international creative economy policy development
- A passion for inclusive creative economy development
- A track record in influencing or informing policy development – through research/advisory roles/practical programme implementation
- A track record in designing large scale global portfolio programmes
- Excellent written communication skills
- Exceptional communication and relationship management across a diverse and varied range of stakeholders
- The capacity to deliver high quality work to agreed timeframes
- Understanding/experience of the British Council’s work in policy development (desirable)
To submit a proposal for the opportunity please download and read the instructions included the RFP pack. The pack includes the core RFP which covers specifications, deliverables and proposal guidance, and additional application annexes.
The deadline for proposals is 7 December 2020 23.59 GMT
The maximum budget for this work is £30,000 inclusive of VAT
Clarification questions and proposals should be sent to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org