This position is a nine month full time maternity cover with possibility of extension.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and advise on a range of programmes that support the development of the creative economy and creative enterprise globally; including the British Council’s flagship programme Developing Inclusive Creative Economies (DICE) and advising on the development of programmes in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and Wider Europe.
The position will play a vital role in helping us uncover expertise and share best practice globally from across the creative and cultural industries. You’ll be growing creative ecosystems overseas and enriching lives through the opportunities that the British Council offers.
You will be working with the fast-paced, emerging creative sector internationally, flexing your creative muscles by developing programmes, and ensuring that our existing programmes are delivered to a high standard. Working with our talented colleagues in the UK and overseas, you’ll play a crucial role in developing the British Council’s creative economy portfolio.
This position involves working closely with our arts managers in MENA, Wider Europe and DICE focus countries (Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan and South Africa). You will be able to understand their local context, using that knowledge to create opportunities and international experiences for UK-based organisations, creative innovators, hubs and creative entrepreneurs.
Experience we're looking for:
- Demonstrable connections with the UK sector and a wide ranging knowledge of contemporary UK creative economy and creative enterprise approaches.
- A track record of building relationships and the ability to develop a variety of partnerships across multiple programmes.
- A strong interest in working in an international context or with different cultures.
- A passion for creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship and be able to spot trends that can feed into programme development.
- Interest in experimental approaches that involve cross cultural collaboration and networks.
- Experience of project management, finance, contracting and evaluation.
- First rate communication skills and the ability to inspire and educate people on the value and importance of culture and creativity.
The right candidate will have experience of supporting creative enterprise development. Desirable is knowledge or experience of working internationally, especially in MENA, Wider Europe or DICE focus countries.
If this sounds like you then apply now.
Closes 1 July at 23:59 UK time and we are looking to schedule the interviews for 1o July.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience, within a range of £26,016 - £33,112 (plus London allowance of £3,300), plus good benefits package and opportunity for international travel.