Are you part of a UK-based collaborative creative pair?
We are looking for two creative and ambitious people to start a fresh city conversation through play, with Playable City Tokyo Residency 2018. In partnership with Watershed, the two-stage residency takes place this June and September.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take part in collaborative research; developing playful ideas at the intersection of art, technology and society that innovate around public space in Tokyo.
Adding to the success of an ongoing Playable City Tokyo programme, the residency will support, inspire and challenge participants to develop playful interventions using creative technology to respond to public space in and around central Tokyo.
Participants will create and deliver prototype experiences for the public and attendees of the Making the City Playable Conference on 28-29 September. The creative pair will take an open, rigorous and experimental approach, focussing on exploration and proof of concept, rather than a finished product.
Successful Applicants will be awarded:
- 3,750 GBP Honorarium for the programme
- UK-Tokyo economy-class return flights, accommodation and subsistence for the duration of both visits to Japan
- Support from Playable City Producer and Creative Technologist for delivery of prototypes
- Access to the International Playable City Network including the 15 members of Creative Producers International, Watershed’s global talent development programme designed to support the city change makers of the future
- Professional documentation of the work, including images and promotional video of the project, which will be made as part of the CPI Lab and Conference.
The residency includes a programme of location visits, research activities and guidance from local creatives.
Phase One for Ideation and Development – 25 June - 4 July
Phase Two for Presentation and Reflection – 22 - 30 September
How to apply
Deadline to apply: 16 May 2018
For more information and details on how to apply see here
Read the residency guidelines
Find out more about Playable city here