Creative hubs are flourishing all over the world, bringing together professionals and creative founders from different fields and growing the creative community in many cities.
Building on the momentum around the movement, British Council Russia, Nesta and Chekhov APi are inviting leaders and managers of creative hubs to take part in an intensive four-day workshop in hub development. The programme will allow them to meet peers from all over Russia, as well as Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Turkey and the Western Balkans. It will take place in a beautiful countryside retreat located in a bucolic forest 40 miles outside of Moscow
Creative Enterprise Russia: Creative Hubs will take place 3-8 September 2017. There are three spaces available for hub managers from the UK who want to be part of this unique cross-cultural learning and professional development experience. All the training will take place in English, no Russian language skills required.
"Creative Enterprise Russia is a unique opportunity to plug into an expanding network of creative leaders in the region at a really exciting time. Supported by two tried and tested toolkits, September's residency will be the beginning of a much bigger story for all those joining our growing global network of creative practitioners" - Nesta
About the Programme
Creative Enterprise Russia: Creative Hubs is a four-day practical workshop to equip hub managers with the tools and knowledge they need to help their hub develop.
Expert facilitators from the UK and Russia will provide face-to-face support to help participants explore business concepts, further develop their business proposition, and refine their business model that suits their hopes and ambitions, all in a peer-led environment as part of a global network of Russian and European creative hubs.
This interactive programme has been developed by Nesta, the UK’s innovation foundation. It brings Nesta’s Creative Enterprise Toolkit to life, and uses a mixture of practical exercises, tried and tested design thinking methods, and activities that have been designed specifically for creative entrepreneurs.
Through the four days, participants will explore key ways to:
- understand the building blocks that describe and shape their business
- identify and better understand hub residents and audience, and explore how the business will function and grow
- visualise the main components of the business and bring together the key elements of a constantly evolving business canvas
- Explore challenges specific to creative hubs and learn from one another
Among additional activities are lectures, showcases and discussions with representatives of Russian and foreign creative hubs managers.
Key information for applicants
The workshop is based on two methodologies: the Creative Enterprise Programme – a three-day programme developed by Nesta and the British Council which covers all the stages of setting up your own creative enterprise, and the Creative HubKit – a manual written in collaboration with Creative Edinburgh and Creative Dundee.
You are eligible to apply if:
- You are a founder or manager of a creative hub – residence, co-working or art-cluster uniting creative community. (Do you want to make sure that your project is a creative hub? Check here)
- Your project is an actively developing creative hub with its own audience, venue and online presence (website and/or page in social networks)
- You are over 18 years old
the three UK participants will be provided with:
- UK - Moscow return flights
- All workshop materials
- Accommodation in Chekhov APi from 3 to 8 September 2017
- Transfer from Moscow to the venue and back
To take part, please complete the application form and submit it by July 16th.
Please note that successful candidates will be contacted after July 20th.