The ELEVATE StartWell™ Challenge, presented by the British Council in partnership with the Lien Foundation, is focused on developing innovative new concepts to improve early childhood (0-8 years) play.
The Challenge invites applicants from a range of industries – including design, art, performance, education and technology – to use their creative skills to imagine new and exciting ways for children to engage with play spaces – indoors, outdoors, in urban or natural spaces, conceptually or technologically.
The creators of the best 12 ideas will be invited to attend the ELEVATE Innovation Camp at the Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media [YCAM], Japan in February 2015 to further brainstorm, collaborate and prepare a final project submission to potentially secure a share of SGD$50,000 Challenge funding to realise the idea or invest in further professional development.
Applications will be shortlisted by a panel of judges from across Asia and the UK
We are so pleased to be able to confirm a fantastic judging panel for the 2014 ELEVATE StartWell™ Challenge:
- Lee Poh Wah: CEO, Lien Foundation
- Jacqueline Chung: Principal, St James’ Church Kindergarten, Singapore
- Joshua Comaroff: Director, Lekker Architects
- Anna Salaman: Assoc. Director Programming, ArtScience Museum, Singapore
- Shelagh Wright: Demos Associate, UK
- Petteri Ikaheimo: Director, APAC, Lappset
- Representative: Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media, Japan
- Lisa Burns: ELEVATE Project Manager, East Asia
To hear some of the judge's views on the importance of the challenge you can watch the below videos:
Anna Salaman, Associate Director of Programming at ArtScience Museum, Singapore:
Jacqueline Chung, Senior Principal of St. James’ Church Kindergarten, Singapore
Joshua Comaroff, Director, Lekker Architects, Singapore