The Forum wished to achieve increased exchange of knowledge and expertise in creative economy practices between UK and Macedonian experts at policy making and practitioners’ level, by exchanging the model and experiences from the UK.
The Forum started with a Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the Creative Industries sector signed between 11 institutions, including the Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of IT and Administration, the City of Skopje, the British Council.
During the first part of the forum, UK experts shared their experience in the format of presentations and discussions in the following areas:
- Creative Economy in the UK as part of a national cultural policy: current state and issues
- Mapping the creative industries: why, who and how
- Creative Economy: a resource for regional/local development
- Policies and experiences for support creative entrepreneurship growth
- Presentation of the European Commission ‘Creative Europe 2014-2020’ Programme (by a representative of the European Union expert group on cultural and creative industries)
During the second part of the forum, a practical discussion was held where about 50 Macedonian participants and 3 UK experts discussed current trends and further potentials for development of creative industries on national and local level.
View photos from the event
Creative Industries Forum Agenda
Creative Industries Forum Speaker Profiles
PDF files of Presentations
For more information about our Creative Economy work in Macedonia, please visitBritish Council Macedonia's website.